Bus Éireann School Bus Routes
Application for Post-Primary School Transport – Bus Éireann
If your child is applying for Post-Primary school transport for the first time you will be required to complete an application/eligibility form. Please quote Drogheda Grammar Schools roll number 63870L. Application can be made by visiting www.buseireann.ie/schooltransport The Closing date for new applications is Friday 28th April 2023.
Please consult the list below for the current route information. These routes are subject to change at the discretion of Bus Éireann School Transport Department.
- Donabate, Blakes Cross, Lusk, Drogheda Grammar School.
- Julianstown, Laytown, Bettystown, Donacarney, Drogheda Grammar School.
- Navan, Slane, Drogheda Grammar School.
- Harestown, Kellystown, Walshestown, Clogherhead, Termonfeckin, Drogheda Grammar School.
D1 & D2 Bus Routes
Bus Éireann’s D1 & D2 provide a reliable service from Laytown to Drogheda every 15 minutes. The D1 & D2 route is Laytown, Bettystown, Donacarney, Mornington, Drogheda Grammar School, Scotch Hall, Drogheda Bus Depot and return.
By Private Bus Routes
Drogheda Grammar School currently has a number of private bus routes servicing the school. Kierans Bus Hire service these routes and their phone number is 041 98 44602 or website http://kieransmbh.ie/school-services.html
Please consult the list below for route information.
- Aston Village, Termon Abbey, Greenhills, Chord Road, North Quay, Drogheda Grammar School.
- North Road, Ashfield, Mell, Trinity Street, Meadow View, Bryanstown, Dublin Road (all estates) Grangerath, Drogheda Grammar School.
Students travelling to Drogheda Grammar School along the main Dublin to Drogheda commuter belt can use the D1 & D2 bus service from Mac Bride Station to Drogheda Grammar School.
Students can take the morning train departing Dublin Connolly at 07:12 am arriving in Drogheda Mac Bride Station at 08:03 am. Breakfast is served in the school canteen from 08:00 am. note times subject to change, see www.irishrail.ie for further information.